Summary for October 2009 is that I did buy two stocks to increase my annualized dividends. In addition, I also continued to add to my existing positions because I have automatic dividend re-investments for almost all of the stocks. Attached below is the summary table to reflect the status as of October 31, 2009.
Portfolio Status Update
- The total annualized portfolio dividend cash flow was $1912 (up from $1786 in September 2009). This change was due to new purchases.
- The portfolio’s total yield on cost went up to 4.31% (down from 4.82% in September 2009). As a note, this YOC does not take into account additional shares or dividends added up due to reinvested dividends. I plan own adding those up at by end of the year.
- Purchased ABT with annualized dividends of $64.00. The purchase yield was 3.27%.
- Purchased AFL with annualized dividends of $62.00. The purchase yield was 2.77%.
Additions to Existing Positions – None.
Selling – None.
- My over exposure to AOD for total portfolio dividends is automatically getting reduced since I am not adding to my existing position. My exposure has reduced to 13.3% of total dividend income (from more than 20% in January 2009) and 3.5% of total portfolio value.
- I expect one or two more purchases before the end of this year. Hence, I am going to miss my year goal of reaching $3000 cash flow from dividends.
Until next month, happy investing.