Summary for May 2009 is that my dividend portfolio is showing some signs of stability in value. The volatility seen in 1Q2009 is reduced. I initiated one new starter position. Attached below is the summary table to reflect the status as of May 31, 2009.
Portfolio Status Update
- The total portfolio dividend cash flow was $1444 (up from $1380). This change was due new purchases.
- The portfolio’s total yield on cost crawled up to 5.11% (up from 5.07%).
- Purchased VZ with annualized dividends of $64.4 (4.0% of total portfolio dividends). The purchase yield was 6.35%.
Additions to Existing Positions
- I am continuing to be positive about many opportunities out there. I am being patience and will continue to hold my capital (if necessary).
- Now that the second half of the year has started, I will be closely monitoring my ability to meet my year end goal or whether it needs revision. As of today, I am still positive that I will be able to meet my year end goal of $3000 in dividend income.
The next monthly progress update will be on July 1, 2009. In addition, I will also post an article on my quarterly risk analysis of my dividend portfolio.