Summary for September 2009 is that I did buying to increase my annualized dividends. In addition, I also continued to add to my existing positions because I have automatic dividend re-investments for all stocks. Attached below is the summary table to reflect the status as of September 30, 2009.
Portfolio Status Update
- The total portfolio dividend cash flow was $1786 (up from $1612 in August 2009). This change was due to new purchases.
- The portfolio’s total yield on cost went up to 5.21% (up from 4.82% in August 2009)
- Purchased JW-A with annualized dividends of $36.00 (2.0% of total portfolio dividends). The purchase yield was 1.9%.
- Purchased DOV with annualized dividends of $53.00 (3.0% of total portfolio dividends). The purchase yield was 2.94%.
- Purchased WMT with annualized dividends of $44.00 (2.4% of total portfolio dividends). The purchase yield was 2.21%.
Additions to Existing Positions
- Added SYS, annualized dividends is now $77.00 (4.3% of total portfolio dividends).
Selling – None
- My over exposure to AOD for total portfolio dividends is automatically getting reduced since I am not adding to my existing position. My exposure has reduced to 14.2% (from more than 20% in January 2009).
- As we enter the last quarter of calendar year, it is almost certain now that I will miss my year end goal to reach total dividend income of $3000. I am holding on to cash expecting that there will be better opportunities (i.e. at lower price levels). Most of the stocks on my shopping list are quite above my high end of fair value buy range. Therefore, I am continuing to pursue my year end goal instead of revising the goal. I would have revisited and revised my goal if I did not have cash waiting to be deployed.
Later this week, I will publish the quarterly risk analysis.